Fracking news and updates

All the latest news from the live feed provided by Drill or Drop, recognised by the industry and campaigners alike as the best source of up to date news about fracking.

DRILL OR DROP?

Angus Energy’s planning application for Brockham oil site “invalid” (Sat, 20 Jan 2018)
Correspondence seen by DrillOrDrop shows that the planning application submitted by Angus Energy for its Brockham oil site late last year has been found to be invalid by Surrey County Council. We reported that the company had submitted an application on 20 December 2017. According to pre-application discussions […]
>> Read more

Injunction threat to Third Energy’s fracking plans over gas and pipeline fears (Fri, 19 Jan 2018)
Campaigners in North Yorkshire have said they may seek an injunction against fracking by Third Energy at Kirby Misperton because of concerns about the pipeline that would transport any produced gas. Frack Free Ryedale (FFR) has written to the Secretary of State for Business, Greg Clark, asking him […]
>> Read more

Borough councillors vote unanimously against Cuadrilla’s revised fracking plans (Fri, 19 Jan 2018)
Fylde Borough councillors voted unanimously yesterday against Cuadrilla’s updated transport plans for its Roseacre Wood fracking site near Blackpool. The Conservative-led authority is a consultee not a decision-maker on the plans, which are to be decided after a public inquiry in April 2018. But the council is now considering […]
>> Read more

Egdon to make new planning applications for Wressle (Thu, 18 Jan 2018)
Egdon Resources announced today it was “fully committed” to its oil well at Wressle near Scunthorpe and would submit new planning applications to develop the site. The company lost appeals earlier this month (DrillOrDrop report) against the refusal by North Lincolnshire Council of two planning applications. The company […]
>> Read more

Planners back IGas test proposals for Ellesmere Port gas well (Wed, 17 Jan 2018)
Planners have recommended approval of plans by IGas to test its gas exploration well at Ellesmere Port, despite more than 2,000 objections and a warning about a nearby explosives business. In a report published today, officers at Cheshire West and Chester Council said the proposals would “not give […]
>> Read more

Lancs planners stand by objection to Roseacre Wood fracking site (Wed, 17 Jan 2018)
Council planners in Lancashire have said Cuadrilla’s revised traffic scheme for the proposed Roseacre Wood fracking site is still unacceptable. In a report published today, they recommended that the county council continued to object to the application. Lancashire refused planning permission in 2015 for drilling, fracking and testing […]
>> Read more

INEOS Harthill shale gas well recommended for refusal (Wed, 17 Jan 2018)
The first INEOS shale gas site to come before a council planning meeting has been recommended for refusal. A report by Rotherham planners published this afternoon has advised against the proposals at Harthill on highway safety and ecological grounds. The site, off Common Road, is on a narrow […]
>> Read more

We are Frack Free United

Fracking: THE LAST RIGHTS OR DRILLING BY DICTATORSHIP?

Jun 6, 2017

The owner of this blog did not allow comments.

Jules Burton lives in Roseacre and is the 'concerned resident' who's taken Savid Javid to court over his decision to re-open the enquiry into Cuadrilla's application to frack at Roseacre Wood. In the light of the manifesto commitments on fracking he believe that now the only thing to stop it will be people power.

May 22, 2017

The owner of this blog did not allow comments.

Tweets from Frack Free United @frackfreeunited
Print Print | Sitemap
All views expressed here are those of Frack Free UnIted. Landscape photos donated by North Yorkshire business www.anoifphotography.co.uk Up-to-date news kindly supplied by www.drillordrop.com contactus@frackfreeunited.co.uk FFU is Powered by Environmental Smart